
So I finished (in time!) a few of the projects that I had started for my roommates birthday (all the ones not completed ((or started...)) will just roll over until Christmas.). Above you can see the three picture frames that I painted (I did a fourth, which is back in her bedroom...). They turned out really well. The one on the left is intended to look like the Ikea pillow covers that my roommates got in San Fran (the Lusy Knoff, or something...), and the black one on the right is too, except that I switched the black and white areas for something different. The purple one in the middle is just a sort of spiritual successor to the others, as is the fourth, unpictured one. They look like they all match together, but I just pretty much made two of them up using influences from the others.
Smaller and in the foreground are three sets of earrings that I made, too (some are just beads and one is very successfully using the polymer clay!), but I'm not sure I can get better pics of them. I can't take pictures of small things because they get blurry...
Anyway, chalk that up to a couple of successes! A few more actually completed projects.
(PS: The pics in the frames are mine, too. I chose ones I liked the best from our memory card and played around with them in photoshop to make them look really great in black and white, which I think complements the colorful frames nicely.)
No comments:
Post a Comment