
I want to make or find and customize this, the amazingly beautiful red tree from Penelope's room in the movie Penelope. It would be for my roommate's birthday or Christmas or whenever, but given the fact that there are only TWO photos of it that I could find online (after searching for it numerous times...), I guess I don't really know how to go about doing such a project.
Now, I'm a crafty fellow. I can paint and sculpt and draw and make furniture, but this thing just seems crazy. If I had to guess, I would say that the set decorator either found it as is and added some of the background stuff, found it looking slightly different and modified it to be red, or just plain made it out of something. I'm not sure that I'd be able to make it from scratch.
I think that I may begin searching antique stores for something similar and large, since I don't mind putting in the customization work, but I don't even know where to go to find something like a giant fake tree.
But can I use a REAL tree or branch and lacquer/seal it to stay pretty sturdy and then paint it? Or should I build a wire/wood/whatever armature and fill it out with paper mache/plaster strips?
I think I'm a bit out of my element, but I finally figured out what I can be good at blogging about: I'm going to make this all about my dumbass, unrealistic art and craft projects that are way over my head and I end up fucking up my way through...
I will keep updating with project progress, and the progress of my many other crafty solutions to things that I want to do...
Until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment